Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Books

I've been reading again. Selfishly taking time (during the Bear's naps) I could be using to fold laundry or put dishes away or I don't know, maybe crochet. But I've been reading instead, ... and I guess I can claim the excuse of my husband saying I needed to take some time to just chill and stop DOING so much. ...

Hope reading counts as not much! :)






I'm on the third book in the Divergent series; I got Divergent free from Redbox a week ago, and basically it did not really compare to the book. it seemed very... stale. But that's okay, here's to another free movie soon to check out Insurgent.  :)   The books are a relatively fast read, along the lines of the Hunger Games, but in Chicago-ish. Give 'em a try if you need some down time. ...but maybe not before bed if Things Keep You Up.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

If you like this type of book, definitely check out the Anomaly trilogy by Krista McGee and The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker. They're quick reads as well but very enjoyable. Rachelle's sequel to The Choosing comes out in the spring! :D

Meghan said...

And good for you for taking some down time. When we just go, go, go we tend to run ourselves down and not take care of ourselves which in turn means we can't serve the ones we love. So time just for you is perfectly okay! :)