Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Post 124 - Unintentional Restaurant Review

For Labor Day, I went to linner at the Twisted Rooster with Dan (who drove all the way up from Illinois) and then to the Frederick Meijer Gardens. The Twisted Rooster - where O'Charley's used to be right next to Applebee's on the Beltline - is a unique restaurant. It reminded me of the restaurant Lester, Jenny, and I went to in Mexico in our condo - not nostalgic, but trendy, hip, individualistic. The music was pretty modern and sports-barrish, but not too loud to have lots of great conversation with a neat guy. We arrived at the TR around 3pm and were promptly seated. We had about a 10-minute wait before anyone came to ask us about drinks, though. bua haha... Our server, when he came (yay!) was very friendly and helpful. We both ordered the Twisted Mac'n'cheese, a penne with asparagus, tomatoes, and a parmesan crackery crust on top. It was fantastic - not spicy, really, but quite filling. The best part was the several times when our server came by to check on us and Dan took his time answering - I think that made him nervous or something, and before we left he asked if we were food critics or something and if I was going to write about it on my blog. I said no I'm not a food blogger, but a teacher ... (he's going into secondary ed, hurrah teachers!), but now I feel like I have to write about our experience.

The Twisted Rooster is a great place to eat - we only looked at the lunch menu, but prices were reasonable and the restaurant is tastefully and fun-ly decorated.
Go check it out!

1 comment:

Lesley Kerr said...

Our blogs look the same... hehe!