Sunday, September 20, 2009

Still, my soul be still (wait!)

this is the start of something new ;)
(and that's where HSM lyrics must stop)

But seriously, today was gooder than good. I'm still nervous about it all, but I think I'm supposed to be doing this right now. It's hard to be patient, so hard sometimes - especially when the only answers i hear are resounding "wait!" each time;
But.

He knows what He's doing, and He's still teaching me and molding me and my silly heart to desire las cositas que He desires. My heart's been stretched much since returning from the desert, and my eyes have seen many things that I couldn't have handled last year alone... But [for] God.



this song's been in my me-ness lately.




Still, my soul be still

Words and Music by Keith & Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend

Still my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is at your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God You are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace renew
A steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

Still my soul be still
Do not be moved
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
Hold onto His ways
With shield of faith
Against temptations flaming arrows

Still my soul be still
Do not forsake
The Truth you learned in the beginning
Wait upon the Lord
And hope will rise As stars appear when day is dimming

No comments: