Wednesday, September 2, 2009

shalom y paz

Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever. -Betty Scott Stam / Elisabeth Elliot / me

I found the above prayer in Elliot's "Let Me Be a Woman" and have been pondering it all day. And I realized, as i walked outside and noticed the moon shining brightly enough to cause the house-next-door to cast a shadow on the driveway, that today I had been blessed with a shalom that only He could have brought. It wasn't the most "perfect" day I've ever had, but He was there sovereignly keeping me from going down the wrong paths, and preparing the paths my feet wandered down. He led me to some tender, young shoots and fed me from His word, and my heart was at peace in His word, content to delight in my Master.

Because of the gospel, I can experience a shalom - a wholeness, if you will, or "completeness, soundness, and well-being of the total person (OT), also "the inner tranquility and poise of the Christian whose trust is in God through Christ" - and this shalom is something that one who is not living with the Meshiach as master and shepherd will not be able to comprehend. Praise Him, for I have been forgiven, and am being sanctified and looked at as His through the eyes of the Abba!


And Today, whatever state - of the Union - I am in, He is teaching me to be content. Waiting was ... easier .... today, and listening seemed easier as well. It may not always be so, but these "mountains" are here that we may look on them in the valleys and remember His words, and His grace toward his sheep, silly though we be at times.

Praise Him, for His word, that He has preserved through eonages of time, guarded for His chosen to hear and read. Praise His excellent majesty for reaching those that have not yet been able to hear His word in their mothertongue, and for all He is going to accomplish in their lives!

I can only pray for His will, and my heart's conformity to His will and desires. A friend recently advised me, "Delight in the Lord, and see what desires He gives you." This advice stuck, and I have been sitting at my Rabbi's feet (he is not only shepherd, meschiach, rabbi, but so much more than i can ever express!), falling more in love with the One who offers living water, the One quien puede satisfechar todas de mis necesidades - can satisfy all my needs - and the One who knows me better than anyone ever will, and still stays by my side, guiding me in paths of righteousness, because His name's fame depends on it.

And I love Him, because He told me what love was.

No comments: