Saturday, September 26, 2009

please give me a drink - I've been chasing you for so very long!

"please give me a drink - I've been chasing you for so very long..."


How do we "get" faith?

...Well, if faith "comes by hearing," maybe ... partly by hearing. But what about those that cannot embrace the physical sense of hearing? what a blessing it is to have the Word in not only written form, but in Braille, in mp3-ness, and in multitudinous languages.

Praise God for the gift of His word us-ward that revealed who we were, and how much He
still loved us {in spite of who we are/we/will be, as he can see all of that!}.

Praise God that there is more to the book of Romans than the first 2 chapters!

I was able to listen to the book of Romans today and could not help but catch a glimpse of the Hound in all His passion. He knew how vile we are, and yet still is persistent in chasing us down to the point of exhausted humility. This creator-God is One who knew what we were ("come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?")

and yet - in that knowledge of our capability of filthiness and whoring-after-anything-BUT-him, He showed; demonstrated; commended His love toward us: WHEN WE WERE YET WITHOUT STRENGTH... WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS.

Such a Maker, so just is He, and yet so pursuant of us in all our filthiness because He desires our delight in Him. Were the whole ocean a giant pool of ink...

And yet, He asks her for water. The only kind she could offer would never be able to compare to the kind of water He carried around. . .


Resources and further pondering: Very ...

Smaryan: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%204&version=NLT



If the links do not appear hyper, try "viewing original post."
:)
and let me know your thoughts on all of this. I appreciate input, that i may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. :)rmns1:12:)

~amanda

No comments: