Tuesday, September 22, 2009

poem I wrote back in 2003 or so.

i am waiting, my sweet.
~Manda Johnson

I am waiting my sweet, waiting for you.
The years have been long, the good men so few,
yet I know that when you and I finally meet
I know I'll be glad I have waited, my sweet.

One look in your eyes might not let me know,
or a hug when things seem so low,
But at the right time I can surely depend,
My sweet will be given to me in the end.

Maybe we've already met, by chance in the hall,
maybe we're very close friends and 'tis all,
maybe I've never met or heard of you,
but know this my sweet, that I'm praying for you.

I'm waiting for you no matter the cost,
Saving my love for you so it won't be lost
Praying for the Father to bring you to me
And when that happens, my sweet, the heavens will sing.

I am waiting for you so patiently
I can't help but wonder if you're also waiting for me?

No comments: