Wednesday, February 17, 2010

On being a slave

I found this bit while cleaning my room... written approximately 2004? ... I knew i was meant to be a rapper or something ;)

On being a slave
~Manda Johnson

Sometime's it's not all it's cracked up to be
You know, seeing people shun you + me;
Pursuing holiness, faith, hope, + love
Trying to serve our great God up above.

It's not always easy; quite often it's hard
This living for Jesus thing hurts like a shard.
Dying to self more and more ev'ry day
Always re-learning our need to obey.

Falling down more + more, or so it seems
I find myself wishing this life was a dream.
Struggles for righteousness cut like a knife
Draining false emotion out of my life.

Yet if someone asked why I live This way
I know even now what my herat would say
All my ties to this earth are being spliced
As my heart is becoming one with Christ's.


No comments: