Friday, August 8, 2014

Magic bread and venison.... Plus salad.

Since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it's been hard trying to figure out what my body can and cannot handle (yay, placenta and hormones..   Heh... )
I get great numbers after i eat a big salad, but baby needs more than just salads (like papa, apparently) to grow...   I've been learning a loooottttt about food and how it works ... Did you know that if you eat carbs and pair them with protein and fat your body has an easier time of digesting the carbs' sugar?  :) ... It's all about finding the magical combination ha ha ha...
So i found a recipe for "bread" I can eat .... All it requires is eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tartar. ... Basically, you make meringues.  I just toasted some and they taste like a very light Challah :)  burger time!

No comments: