Saturday, March 14, 2015

Thumps in the Night

Something in the corner is making strange thumping noises. . . again.

I think we have dubbed her "Bear" quite appropriately. ... Paddington Bear - albeit a fictional bear from Darkest Peru - pops into my head every time I hear her thumps and bumps in the crib,

if you've ever been fortunate enough to read the Paddington books, you'll know what I mean.  It's a lot like the "quietness" that means trouble with little kids. . .

and it is all I can do to sit quietly and let her "rest."

... Rest, of course, being completely a summation of all the things she is most likely not doing.

She went to bed at 6:30, woke up around 9:45, ate a bit more, and went back to ... thumping, for the past hour or so. Perfect time to catch up on my meal planning and such, right?  ... A little hard to do, though, when one shares a living room and a bedroom with a crib-dwelling wee one.




No comments: