Monday, September 7, 2015

Bikini Body Mommy 1.0: Day 1 - Fit Test

Had oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon (and a dash of maple syrup / brown sugar) for breakfast.
Salad  (romaine lettuce, roasted sweet potatoes, ham, and a sprinkle of cheddar) for lunch.

Cora didn't feel like napping right away since she slept in, so I let her watch me do the Fit Test for DAY ONE of the Bikini Body Mommy 1.0 Series.

I've done the fit test four times already (third try starting BBM was this morning) - it's been hard, with moving, and a baby, and no space of our own, but I. Am. Going. To. Make. It. Work.
Also, I am 218.2 pounds, and that is not good. (yes, I wrote that on here. I've gained 10 pounds since we moved back to Michigan because my body doesn't handle stress well, my inlaws have a carb-heavy diet, and we don't have much money to "splurge" on greens.

No more. I'm tired of being bloated and tired, and miss feeling strong like I did after I made it through a few weeks of BBM last time. Plus, I'd love to be healthier for any future pregnancies.

It helps to be a lurker of a "6-week weightless" group on Facebook with several other people - I don't have the money to enter the contest, but I've been trying to at least be more active in how I "live."  It's much easier now that I have my own key to the house and can leave with Cora if I want to. :D



So here is the results of my fit test from this morning - albeit rushed, since Cora wanted to climb on the folding chair I was using and crawl under me when I was trying to push myself.


Fit Test Day 1 Scores:
(50 seconds on, 10 seconds of rest (well, maybe a few more seconds to restart the stopwatch and pull Cora back closer to me)

1. Speed squats:  52
2. High Knees: 118
3. Pushups: 30 (modified against the wall, since Cora took over what little floorspace was available. :D
4. Squat jumps: 33
5. Tricep dips: 27
6. Burpees: 15 (slightly modified so as not to take out the infant crawling around me)
7. Alternating lunges: 35 (I accidentally did these first instead of speed squats because my body got confused. hahaha ...
8. Plank: 35 seconds modified. (on my knees. Technically I shouldn't be doing planks since I have a diastasis recti ... but I wanted to try it.   I need to probably not do them for a while yet. :/



Tomorrow is going to be ... sore. Per the usual.  Come Thursday, though... don't mess with me because I'm stronger than I think! :)

No comments: