Thursday, November 26, 2009

bits and pieces

I am going through my old papers and tossing them into the recycle; however, I want to save some of the thoughts and words I found therein. Some of them are my own, others are pieces of sermons heard while on the road and may or may not have original authors' names applied (unintentionally, of course, because highway driving is only conducive to so much writing before accidental lane-changes ;) )So this may seem very bits-and-pieces, but that's what it is. Mayhap it shall inspire conversation to the furthering of sanctification; if that is so, God be praised!

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing."
~Does that mean Christ promotes sin?
~~It becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners.

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go & bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you." - John 15:16


In the very act of believing, you are experiencing God's begetting. {Left to yourself and your deadness, you will not believe!} -Piper

ANTINOMIANISM: (Antinomianism comes from two Greek words: antimeans against and nomos means law. So antinomianism means against the law, against God's moral law. It means lawlessness.)

"I want to live all You died for me to be" -Ray Boltz

Labor is easy to those of a cheerful spirit.






No comments: