Sunday, January 1, 2017

No Pictures

Today is the first day of a new year, according to the calendar. This past year God has done so much in the lives of my little family - given us a job, allowed that same job to be taken away, and given us a new little one to teach all we know about Him, His love, and His world. (Not) coincidentally, my high school  senior class verse "just happened" to be Proverbs 3:5-6,

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths."

I never realized in high school how much that verse would come into play in my life. This year I might actually be able to share a few more bits and pieces about all that God has allowed into my life and the lives of my two babies and my sweet husband while attempting to put that verse into play. Several moves, many part time jobs, gaining various certifications, missing out on important family events because of money, and safely picking up two beautiful, healthy babies from the Stork Store...

In church this morning we sang the Getty's song "By Faith," and I realized just how very, very much the past few months that song has been our life. If the Israelites can set up odd rock formations to remind them of God's provision, I can at least write a few blog posts until I have time to write down physical reminders in my Bible between trips to the potty and feeding a toddler fighting growth spurts... So be prepared to hear how many are the mercies of my God!

No comments: