|Make a Smilebox scrapbook|
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Sooooo much. I traveled a bajillion miles - from Michigan to North Dakota and from North Dakota to Arizona,
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved to be more genuine. Which apparently some people noticed. I told a man I had fallen for him, had some good conversations with people about very real things, and sang in front of people.... Next year I resolve, hmmmm... to ..... get married? :-p
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
only like everyone. haha - Tracie and Danielle and like 15 kids at church ;)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Granny - she was close to everyone, though...
5. What countries did you visit?
Almost went to mexico. Maybe this spring, if i can get some people to go with me. hehe....
and maybe almost went to Canada (on the west side)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A husband? Or maybe something more tangible like a job that uses my degree and doesn't require a vast amount of random certificatings...
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-Hiking in the badlands and seeing a thorny fruit and checking it for edibility
-eating prickly pear
-crying and laughing with some of the most amazing people in the world
-"giving up" a summer to gain the most incredible summer ever
-being called "mom" and
son" by my students
-God's provision of a job, and his provision and safety with my coche
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
somehow (thanks, Abba!) landing a job that uses Spanish in a new (slightly warm) location :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I "failed" anything, except maybe nothing that i can think of....
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only a really weird flu or virusy thing that made me leave (unwillingly) at fifth hour, drive cautiously the three miles to my trailer, spend several hours vomiting up my insides, and sleeping until 2 in the morning...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a keyboard that teaches you to play the piano. And several million cookies and cream ice cream cones in Medora.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My students - for turning in their letters so swiftly! Now it's up to me to make sure they get some in return...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people. But I'm praying for them, and I know God is working in them.
14. Where did most of your money go?
books and pillowcases and yarn and souvenirs, haha.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my BFF Christee meeting - dating - and getting engaged to - an amazing man
two of my really good friends having babies
several more of my friends getting married or pregnant
getting a job in God's wonderful timing
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The Medora Musical, ha ha ha ha.... I mean, really. :) Or maybe the "Medora" song. One Voice. Mylo Hatzenbuhler. The Motivator (haha). Watching Monk and all manner of television at the PP. Also, moustache bingo, which i know is not a song - but it IS usually accompanied by the music of laughter (gag).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Less muscly, but not really "Fatter."
iii. Richer or poorer?
More able to pay my loans.... if that makes sense...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
TAWG. Spending more time in the Word
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spent time by myself. Even though that wasn't that much...
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with a ton of crazy and wonderful cousins.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Kinda. More like I fell in like with the idea of a person. Or two...
23. How many one-night stands?
I went out at 1 in the morning to watch a meteor shower. No one went with me, and it was beautiful. But to answer the question, none.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Crossing Jordan (reruns) and the Office. hehe.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I am not a hater. I hug.
26. What was the best book you read?
some of them by Grace Livingston Hill
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mylo Hatzenbuhler (haha) and James Newton Howard
28. What did you want and get?
to see my family for Christmas :) :)
29. What did you want and not get?
a man. Well, kinda. That's weird.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see very many. We just watched Wall-E. Cute! Batman: Dark Knight and Australia were both amazing. I think that was the extent of my filmage. Was Ratatouille this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I .... something lame like watch tv and talk to people on the phone. I had a few people over the day after and we looked at some rocks I found. ...
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a Starbucks closer than 2 hours away. bua ha ha...
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Pretending to dress like a grown-up professional-yet-sexy woman?? ha.
34. What kept you sane?
crochet and text messages. :)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Jackman, Jude Law, Chad Willow (ha ha - only because he is cool. I don't know, lol.) ???
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama the Llama. No, seriously. hehe.
37. Who did you miss?
My mom. Christee. Kel. Lesley. My girls (and guys) from this summer. My church people that didn't email or write to me. (seriously?! ) the people that did write to me. my brothers growing taller...
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Callie and Kim and Seth... and Betsy and Jeff...
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Letting someone lead is really, really hard sometimes. But it's easier with your eyes closed, especially when the other person wants to lead. :)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"One kid dreams of fame and fortune
One kid helps to pay the rent
One could end up goin' to prison
One just might be president.
Only in america
Dreamin' in red, white, and blue
Only in america
Where we dream as big as we want to.
We all get a chance
Everybody gets to dance
Only in america.
-Brooks and Dunn"