Sunday, August 23, 2009

closer than

There is a friend that is closer than a brother...
.
I was reminded of that this weekend. God allowed me to visit my former roomate and her husband (with another former roomate) in Highland, Indiana. It was one of the most incredible snippets of time I have experienced of late as we reminisced about old tymes, made new memories, and spent countless seconds conversing and truly fellowshiping over free energy drinks and Pepsi.
.
No, seriously. God has blessed me with many friends, but a precious number of them are very balmacious to my soul.
.
The people I can spill "everything" to without fear or apprehension of rejection...
Those who have seen the inner workings of the heart when I couldn't see it myself, ...
and those who love me in spite of who I still am growing into, in spite of my failures or ridiculousness.
.
God has given me such people, and this weekend was one of the most refreshing I have had in quite a long time.
.
The conversations we had were full of grace and truth, and especially of things we need to hear on a daily basis. (Is there a better word for basis?) It is SO GOOD to have friends that are not afraid to talk about you in front of you ;) and who seek edification at every turn.
.
I can only pray that I am such a friend to them as well.
.
Thanks, y'alls!


No comments: