Wednesday, October 14, 2009

He DELIGHTED in me.

This morning I woke up - an hour early - super refreshed from not-that-much sleep, and the remnants of my dream stayed with me for the majority of the day.

Jud Kratzer - a friend from college: one of the brave older souls who lived in the dorms with mostly freshman, full of wisdom and humor, and knowledge of fishtype things, who married an amazing woman and dashed off to the great northeast...

was in my dream. He gave me some sage advice, although I'm not even sure how he got in my dream...

And somehow we were talking about how people express themselves differently (perhaps this is because I find it extremely hard to put myself / my thoughts into spoken word at times, as most of my close-ies know. . .

And he said something along the lines of "you're more poetical than logical..."
which was weird, but it makes sense to me, in a way. It's so hard to just "out with it" in conversation sometimes, especially as is the American non-patient way of life and needs answers NOW. I like to think before i speak, and when people are impatient, I end up saying stupid things that never needed to be saying. I've been learning again the importance of shutting up - not all the time, like in high school - but when necessary.
And it's good. . .

But then I woke up with a verse dancing through my head:

He delivered me because He delighted in me. (psalm 18.19b)

And even though I've, well, delighted in this tidbit of a verse before, it was amazing to wake up to it. God is so so so amazing. And beyond my understanding. So I am not even going to attempt to expound - but I'd love your comments! (on blogger or on the FB)! :)

1 comment:

Unbreakable Joy said...

Few things are better than awaking to a living verse having a one-sided conversation with you. A similarly welcome blessing is awakening to a previously unpreached sermon coursing through you.