Thursday, April 9, 2009

don quijote in the hallway

Some of my more unfocused students are actually - gasp - working! I found 30 copies of a comic-style version of Don Quijote de la Mancha, and I am having my kids work on translating it. We have "Chapters I - V" due tomorrow (or monday, depending on how hard they work tomorrow) and in my fourth hour - which has all but gone to pot- I have three "troublesome" young men who, after letting them sit in the hall outside, are actually accomplishing things!!!
more later, though. :)

*sigh* i just have to figure out how to reach the lunch crowd. As in, the kids that take first lunch (when my class is supposed to have second lunch) and come in halfway through class, only to sit and talk unproductively until second lunch. I've tried teaching them to fish, but I guess they're just dying of hunger without realizing it. :(

No comments: