Wednesday, April 15, 2009

stupid insurance. and why not to get the "best plan ever." because it's,... not.

Well, my taxes are in the mail.

I went to the dentist for a wisdom teeth consultation today and it looks like the insurance plan I thought was so awesome (as in the oral surgery would be covered 100%) is crap. Apparently the plan i selected -under "medical" only works on impacted (all the way, i guess) wisdom teeth and the rest is under dental. So i have not enough left if I get all four taken out (one is partial bony impacted, but apparently that doesnt even count). ... So am I just wasting my money paying insurance? :-/ I have no idea what I'm doing. So I'll have to pay out-of-pocket a little over 500 dollars, and that's after "using up" the rest of my dental insurance. which i was hoping to use for my crown to cover my stupid root canal which used up most of my insurance to begin with.

and the oral surgeon's secretary was telling me it will take 2-3 weeks for them to talk to the insurance people (or $500 from me) before they can schedule me.
which is Park backwards, because, well frankly,... I don't have the time. My tooth needs to be covered, and my dentist said I need my wisdom teeth out first because the one that needs a crown is realllly close to the one that needs to be taken out.
Anyways, Dr. Rogel (the oral surgeon) commented that i must be one of the lucky few that hadn't needed braces. :) Dr. Vonk (my denstist from back in the day) used to ask me all the time if I'd worn braces. :-D hurrah.
So that is why I need my wisdom teeth out - they are messing up the rest of my smile. :( boo.
stupid insurance. Next time, i am doing my own dental work.

No comments: